- General Investing
- Asset Allocation Profiler Determine which asset allocation model may be right for your portfolio.
- Time Value Calculator Estimate the future value of an investment based on different rates of return.
- Taxable-Equivalent Yield Calculator Compare the after-tax returns of various types of bonds with different tax treatments.
- College savings
- 529 Savings vs. Loans CalculatorEstimate the impact of advanced planning through monthly 529 Plan contributions versus future student loan repayment.
- Education Funding Planner Generate a comprehensive, personalized report which provides an analysis of future college costs and presents options for building an investment plan. Try our mobile version
- College Cost Projector Calculate the future cost of a college education based on the estimated current cost.
- 529 State Tax Deduction Calculator Determine the potential net value of a state tax deduction.
- Cost of Waiting Calculator See the potential impact of delaying a savings plan.
- Quick EFC Calculator Prepare an approximation of the Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
- Side by Side Comparison Tool Do a side by side comparison of up to two 529 plans against the Future Scholar 529 College Savings Plan (Advisor-sold).
The calculators are provided by one or more third party service providers. The figures entered on the input page of the calculators are for hypothetical purposes only. You should enter figures that are appropriate to your individual situation. The results provided by the calculators are also intended for illustrative purposes only and accuracy is not guaranteed. Columbia Management and its affiliates are not tax or legal advisers. These calculators are not intended to offer any tax, legal, financial or investment advice and does not assure the availability of or your eligibility for any specific product offered by Columbia Management, its affiliates or any other institution, nor do these calculators predict or guarantee the actual results of any investment product. The terms and conditions of products offered by institutions will differ and may affect the results of the calculators. Please consult with a qualified financial and/or tax professional to discuss your situation. On calculators that require you to select an anticipated investment return, consideration should be given to factors affecting your potential return such as investment objectives, risk tolerance, and the time horizon for the investment. Remember, past performance is no guarantee of future results.
Please consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses carefully before investing. Contact your financial advisor or visit columbiamanagement.com for a program description, which contains this and other important information about the Future Scholar College Savings Plan. Read it carefully before investing. You should also consider, before investing, whether the investor's or designated beneficiary's home state offers any state tax or other benefits that are only available for investments in such state's qualified tuition program.
Columbia Management Investment Distributors, Inc., member FINRA, is the distributor and underwriter for 529 plans available through Columbia Management. The Office of State Treasurer of South Carolina (the State Treasurer) administers the Program and has selected Columbia Management Investment Advisers, LLC and Columbia Management Investment Distributors, Inc. (Columbia Management) as Program Manager. Columbia Management and its affiliates are responsible for providing certain administrative, recordkeeping and investment services, and for the marketing of the Program. Columbia Management is not affiliated with the State Treasurer.